While nerf is added to shotguns in the latest live update is one of the biggest things there are other bug fixes and agent updates that were also made.
The full patch notes to the update are also added at the end.
The newest update will make your guns less accurate which means now you have to work extra hard to get your shot right.
They did as according to Riot games it would “curb some of the [frustration]” when confronting shotguns. You can expect more changes according to another statement which stated “investigating more potential changes to shotguns”
That was one of the key highlights from the 1.06 update and the rest of the updates are pretty straight forward.
Valorant Update 1.06 Patch Notes
- The audio and visuals for blinding effects (Phoenix Curveball and Breach Flashpoint) should better indicate when to turn away, and when it’s safe to look again.
- All shotguns updated to be less accurate when fired while in the air.
- Spread penalty when in air increased .5 >>> 1.25.
- While shotguns are doing well in situations they are supposed to, there have been overly frustrating moments where people are accurate with these weapons while in the air. We hope to curb some of those encounters while still making them possible if you catch an opponent at a short distance. We’ll also be investigating more potential changes to shotguns now that we’re rested.
Quality of Life
- In Collection menu screens, the “Show Owned Only” toggle now persists between screens and client restarts.
- Potential fix for the bug where the player’s HUD sometimes disappears.
- Fixed a bug in deathmatch match history & match details where ties between three or more players were not displaying as a tie, instead showing the lowest rank as if they were not tied (so a 3-way tie for 2nd would show 4th Place instead of 2nd Place (Tied)).
- Fixed a bug that allowed progress towards competitive matchmaking for new players by forfeiting unrated games.
- Forfeited games will not count towards the Competitive requirement for the team who forfeited.
- Fixed a bug where ‘<Missing String Table>’ would appear in the chat log.
- Fixed a bug where strange player names could appear in chat when managing party invites.
- Fixed a bug where some players were missing rewards after reaching the end of Agent Contracts or the Act Battle Pass. Playing a game should grant the missing rewards, including missing rewards from Act 1.